Boutique Hotel Finch Bay - Galapagos
The ex-hotel Delfin has been fully renovated and transformed into the Galapagos Finch Bay Hotel, with important changes to upgrade its facilities and landscaping. The hotel's new look features environmentally friendly materials and use of natural light with large windows, beach front access, large pool and outdoor Jacuzzi.
The charming Finch Bay Hotel - named after the famous Darwin's Finches abundant in the surroundings - is just steps from the beach on a private seaside location, surrounded by mangroves. Here guests can cherish the privacy, natural surroundings and superb service offered by the Galapagos Finch Bay.
The Galapagos Finch Bay Hotel is located on Santa Cruz Island at Punta Estrada, across the bay from the town of Puerto Ayora, the hotel is situated in a quiet location, with only pedestrian and bicycle circulation - there are no cars in the neighborhood.
Finch Bay is easily accessible. After a two-hour flight from Ecuador's mainland, guests arrive to the airport of Baltra in the Galapagos and then take overland transportation to Puerto Ayora and the Finch Bay Hotel.
Finch Bay Hotel accommodates 42 guests with 21 twin-bedded rooms, each with private facilities, air conditioning and unlimited water supply, as the hotel has its own desalinization plant. This ecologically oriented hotel also boasts innovative garbage processing and recycling programs. The entire infrastructure as well as the activities are totally oriented to a concept of true ecotourism in a pristine natural environment.
Delicious healthy international and Galapagos inspired menus are prepared daily by our chef, using the freshest ingredients.
Facilities and Activities
First Class Hotel
- 21 rooms with twin beds (one cot for child - max 8 - can be added)
- 17 rooms at ground level, 4 rooms on second floor
- Modern design incorporating Galapagos' natural elements
- Wood-layered curtains, black-out curtains in each room, tile floors, telephone
- All rooms are nonsmoking
- Air conditioned rooms (via in-room remote control), each with private facilities, shower, hot water, soap and shampoo dispenser
- Beach towels available
- Unlimited water supply (own desalinization plant)
- Ice machine
- Laundry service
- Private Outdoor Pool (open 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM)
- Complimentary transfer to/from Baltra Island airport
- Mangrove-rich coastline
- Bar and Lounge
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Restaurant featuring International Cuisine (tastefully blended with local flavors). Buffet Breakfast. Lunch and Dinner is a-la-carte.
- Vegetarian and special dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Communications: telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet access.
- Beautiful grounds for strolling
- Beach-front access
- No motorized vehicles
- No paved roads
- Day trips to nearby islands, via fast yacht, as per itinerary
- Multisport Nature Active Options: Scuba Diving, Birdwatching, Ocean (Sea) Kayaking, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Wildlife Observation, Bay Tours.
- Environmental Interpretation with Galapagos Naturalists
You choose your activities to create an unforgettable expedition in one of the most unique places in the world ... and most importantly, at your own pace.
Galapagos Naturalists accompany you on some activities, and bring the surrounding wonders to life with their extensive knowledge of the natural history, legends, geology, and other amazing features of the Archipelago. Adventure is a footstep away as you start the day with fabulous sunrises, under the warmth of the Equatorial sun. And each evening ends with unforgettable stargazing in Equatorial skies. Some activities are provided free of charge as part of the hotel's facilities, others are available at an additional cost.
- Bird watching
- Snorkeling and diving
- Sea kayaking
- Hike to Tortuga Bay
- Visit of the Charles Darwin Station
- Giant Tortoise Reserve
- Las Grietas (ponds)
- Lava tubes of Santa Cruz
- Horseback riding