Consular affairs; Passports, Visas to Ecuador
Ecuador welcomes people from all over the world who wish to visit for a short period of time or to establish permanent residency. If you come to Ecuador as a tourist or on a business trip, you do not need a visa for a stay up to 90 days on a 12 month-period (chronological year), unless you are a citizen (passport holder) from one of the following countries:
People’s Republic of China
A. Citizens from the People’s Republic of China living in the U.S. must be green card holders in order to acquire a visa waiver prior to their trip to Ecuador; otherwise, a visa must be obtained at the corresponding consulate.
B. Beginning January 21, 2013, Ecuador is requiring that Cuban citizens receive an invitation letter prior to entering Ecuador through international airports or frontier admission points. This letter must be legalized by the Ecuadorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and comply with certain requirements. These requirements are designed to provide an organized migratory flow between both countries. Cuban citizens who are green card holders should visit an Ecuadorian Consulate to obtain an exemption to this requirement.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL TRAVELERS!
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your travel dates. A round/onward trip ticket is needed to prove the length of your stay.
Having a visa or not needing one does not guarantee entry to Ecuador. An Ecuadorian inspector at the port of entry will determine if you are eligible to enter. If you plan to stay in Ecuador for more than 90 days, you should apply for one of the following visas:
Requirements for Non- Immigrant visa registration
12-V – 12-VI – 12-VII – 12-VIII – 12-IX
1. Present original passport, valid for at least six months, where the Passport data page and Consular Visa will be verified.
2. Present original visa certificate issued by the relevant Ecuadorian consulate.
The procedure is simple, personal and does not require intermediaries. If you require assistance you can request advice from an official of the Foreign Ministry.
Requirements for a visa application
- Visa 9: II Investor Visa, Insurance policies, bonds or mortgage bonds
- Visa 9: II Investor in shares of companies
- Visa 9: II Investor in real estate
- Visa 9: III Investor – Foreign person that does not make the investment
- Visa 9: III Investor – Company (Not anonymous – minimum $ 30.000)
- Visa 9: III Investor – Individually owned business (Industry, agriculture, livestock and export trade with minimum investment of $ 30.000)
- Visa 9: IV General Attorney (companies that is located in the country)
- Visa 9: IV General Attorney (companies that will reside in the country)
- Visa 9: IV Employment Contract
- Visa 9: IV Religious
- Visa 9: IV Foreign Press
- Visa 9: VI Sponsor for Marriage, Relationship or Family Reunification,
Marriage Ecuadorian – Foreigner
- Visa 9: VI Foreign children who benefit from Ecuadorian parents
- Visa 9: VI Foreign parents which benefit from Ecuadorian children
- Visa 9: VI VI Parents or siblings that benefit from Ecuadorian by naturalization
- Visa 9: VI De Facto Unions between Ecuadorian and Foreign Individual Person
- Visa 9: VI Other cases where there is a relationship of second degree of
consanguinity and / or second degree of affinity.